Our Mission and Values
Our mission has two strands:
- Locally, we work with local churches to help them to be fully engaged in supporting local schools in the religious education and spiritual development of their pupils.
- Nationally, we are engaging and energising a network of practitioners to adopt our methodology – enabling them adopt our local mission and to become fully engaged in supporting local schools in the religious education and spiritual development of their pupils.
Our values we seek to uphold:
Both our ongoing local mission and the development and training project are underpinned by values we seek to uphold through our actions and our relationships:
- Our Faith – we are a Christian organisation and all that we do and the way we do it is rooted in our understanding and experience of the love of God in our lives.
- Education – we value the state education system in which pupils are encouraged to learn about religion with a sense of wonder and to form their own world view. We recognize that the basis of our invitation into schools is for educational purposes.
- Partnership – we work with churches, schools and others to develop mutually beneficial and lasting relationships based .
- Creativity – As God is creative, so we are to be creative. Within the church there is an enormous amount of creativity. We see it in communicating the Gospel, in children’s ministries, in worship and prayer. We seek to make good use of the exciting creative talent from across the church community.
- Diversity – we respect and value the diversity that exists within the Christian faith and between faiths. We are open to working with all Christian denominations and with people of other faiths who share our vision and values.
- Growth – as we seek to help children learn we are ourselves are determined to learn from them and from our partners to better understand what it means to practise our faith in Britain in the 21st Century.
- Inclusivity – learning about and from Christianity should be accessible to all pupils regardless of their faith background or any special educational needs.